Radek Simunek
Sam Ross Garrett Parker Keyur Patel Endre Szabo
Sigve Pedersen Dave Sheppard Bart Burgmans Dammy Olubokun
Pejman Taghavi Armand Guri


Scored goals:

  1. Garrett Parker


The previous meeting between these 2 sides had seen Partisan come away comfortable winners. But, as the home side had seen, nothing can be taken for granted in this league. Landmark appearance for Simunek, his 100th between the sticks for Partisan, and he'll feel aggrieved at the the way it ended, but responsibility has to be borne across the team. After an untidy opening 5 minutes or so, some typical pressure developed from Partisan, pressing forward from midfield with crosses coming from either flank care of Pedersen and Olubokun. The referee, familiar to Partisan now was making his customary outrageous decisions, where it seems at times to be illegal to even approach a player, without being penalised. The breakthrough came in the form of a penalty kick when Taghavi was tugged down in the box. Parker, for the second time in 2 weeks, converted from the spot with typical assured authority. 1-0 Partisan. Perhaps the best chance that came soon after fell to the on-rushing Olubokun, who had torn into the box from the left wing to meet a low ball and decided to take it with his weaker right foot and flashed it wide. Partisan were playing some nice interchanging football in patches, which again paid dividends after the 30 minute mark, as Taghavi once more caused trouble for the Praga B defense, slotting a low shot past the static keeper after a nice run to get on the end of a Guri cross. 2.0 Partisan. Just before the break, Praga saw one of their rare chances converted, as a midfielder met a high cross 18 yards out and sent a looping header goalwards. The diminutive Simunek could only parry against the underside of the bar and the ball was adjudged to have crossed the line. 2-1 going into the break. Half Time: Partisan 2 - 1 Praga B At half time Patel, who was nursing a damaged toe, came off, to be replaced by Ostrowski. Who was probably nursing a hangover. Or still drunk. Partisan would try to maintain possession going into the second half. However, the away side's tails were clearly up after their late first half goal and they were hungry for more. Fortunately, they had no real threat up top to speak of, but battled hard in midfield and gave Guri his fair share of knocks from their back line. Both teams enjoyed some possession and chances on goal. Simunek was called into action to make a late dash across his goal to make a fine save from a Praga freekick, which was surely creeping in. Taghavi, again at the heart of a threatening move from Partisan, this time had call to hold his head in his hands after rattling the bar with what appeared to be an open net. Some good approach play from Guri giving him the opportunity. Partisan made more changes, Child for Ross and Valardini for Pedersen. They continued to press and had a handful of chances to finish the game off, but failed to do so. The final ball in most cases not being up to scratch. They were punished for their lack of prowess in attack 2 minutes before the end. First Ostrowski inexplicably helped a hopeful Praga punt out for a throw, despite being under no pressure from any Praga players. The resulting Praga attack headed rapidly goalwards and Simunek came off his line to collect a routine catch, the sort of bread and butter handling he had shown with ease up until that point. Only on this occasion, he decided to try and let the clock tick down a little by taking a touch on his chest before claiming the ball. The Praga striker quickly saw what was happening and pounced. 2-2. For the visiting team, it must have felt like a win. However for the expat team, they would feel, once again, the bitter taste of another handful of points dropped.