Radek Simunek
Chris Johnson Keyur Patel anonymous Gerd Lemke
Vitaly Klopot Bart Burgmans Colin Sablack Jerry Lillard Adrian Kieran
Armand Guri


Scored goals:

  1. Armand Guri
  2. Chris Johnson


A beautiful August evening in Prague saw Partisan try to extend their winning run against probably the best team we have faced in terms of which league they play in (Prague 4th division). Johnson had the difficult task of picking a team when he had been absent the previous two weeks and not seen some of the outstanding performances of those two weeks. He picked a team that he thought could do a job and the end result shows that it worked, although Johnson could not take any credit as it is a team game. Partisan stated off well and played the ball around, using the big pitch to their advantage. Kieran played a nice ball to Johnson who crashed a 20-yard drive against the crossbar. The boys at the back were as solid as ever and the midfield was starting to dominate with the ever-moving Guri always willing to provide space to be played in, roving too much for the Czechs as Partisan went one up thanks to a cool finish by the Albanian. The first lot of substitutes saw Johnson, Burgmans and Klopot come off for a break. Finlay, who had come on, was knocking some good balls into the box but our finishing and luck was out as the second goal eluded us. I must say that there were several opportunities to play an easy ball to an unmarked player rather than take a difficult shot on, but I can never complain if a player takes a shot because you have to buy a ticket if you want to win the lottery! Then the inevitable happened and Sterboholy scored and it was a nice shot from the edge of the box that flashed past Simunek. 1-1 at half time. Subs at half time saw Guri, Kieran and Lillard take a well-earned break. The second half started much as the first half with Partisan knocking the ball round and having some good chances, Johnson and Finlay each having half chances. Partisans second goal came from good play from Finlay who crossed the ball to find Klopot at the back post, who drove the ball in. Partisan were well on top now and a third duly arrived after Finlay took advantage of some Czech day-dreaming to take an early corner which Johnson slotted in at the near post. At 3-1 the game looked over but then Partisan decided to keep giving the ball to the Czechs who took advantage and scored a second. 3-2 and the game was back on! The third round of subs saw Sablack, Ostrowski and Lemke go off but the game finished soon after these subs due to unsavoury incidents. Firstly, Burgmans had an elbow in the face from their melodramatic forward. Secondly, Simunek reacted to some racist abuse again instigated by the aforementioned forward. The referee had no option but to call a halt to the game as emotions ran high on both teams. In reflection the early ending of the game worked in the favour of Partisan as they were under the cosh at the time and would have done well to hold on to their lead!