Scored goals:

  1. Armand Guri


After two confidence-building, but ultimately straightforward matches over the last two weeks, Partisan set about proving once again that they can truly play the game of football as it is meant to be played. The oponents this week were certainly no hungover, disorganised medical students and were a great deal fitter than the Dolni Jircany lads of two weeks ago. The game had a cagey start with Old Wokingians in unfamiliar surroundings and Partisan getting a feel for grass beneath their feet once more after two and a half months on astroturf. However, in terms of appearance, there was only one team to look at with the Partisan boys immaculately kitted out in Czech national team shirts! Old Wokingians had the first attacking opportunity of the game after a tame effort skimmed the top of Alexander's head before going well over. The touch was not noticed by the referee but Alexander was too honest for his own good and indicated the touch to the referee, resulting in a Wokingian corner. The corner was frantically cleared but Partisan were rarely threatened again in the first half. However, they struggled to carve out too many clear attacking chances of their own with Johnson running tirelessly but often in vain. They finally began to show their footballing authority with two successive corners. For the first, Johnson picked out Kemila perfectly about 12 yards out and his goal bound volley was superbly tipped over by the Wokingian keeper. The resulting corner saw a Klopot header cleared off the line by the full-back. The only other incident of note was when Child found himself in the clear with time on his hands. Unfortunately the sheer shock of finding himself in such a position was too much for him and he sliced the shot well high and wide. The Partisan pack was shuffled at half time with Hurry, Steve Ostrowski and Guri coming on for Hornback, Lillard and Child respectively. Perhaps the changes disrupted Partisan's play slightly, as Wokingians had the best chance of the game so far at the beginning of the second half. A reasonable shot was palmed out by Simunek and the ball fell at the feet of one of the Wokingian strikers. He had time to pick his spot but Simunek spread himself fantastically well and a Schmeichel-esque foot appeared from nowhere to block the finish before the defence cleared the ball. That arguably turned the game. The next period of play was all Partisan and they began to create a number of good chances, with often the final ball letting them down. But eventually, good work down the left saw the ball eventually squared to Guri on the edge of the box and he hit a shot that the keeper was unable to keep out. Partisan remained organised and didn't let their advantage ruin their organisation. The shape was maintained brilliantly throughout, with the defence dealing with any threat that came their way and Sablack, Kemila and Kieran working hard to protect the back four. Further changes were made with Lillard, Hornback and Child coming back on for Klopot, Matt Ostrowski and Kieran respectively at staggered intervals. The second goal for Partisan again came from the left. This time a low ball across the box found Child in a more relaxed mood than in the first half and he coolly sidefooted home. An injury to Johnson and a late goal from Wokingians made for a nervous last ten minutes for Partisan but they were well-deserving of their victory. It wasn't always pretty, but it was organised and committed football. Let's keep the run going now!